Happy April Fools Day! (Try not to get tricked TOO bad today…). April is my FAVORITE month! For one, it’s BIRTHDAY MONTH! Although, as the years go by, it’s less & less “exciting” and more just a fun excuse to celebrate.
April is also usually the turn of the weather –> my birthday (April 18) typically is the last of the worst weather, and hopefully the same holds true this year. This April we have SO much to be thankful for, and so much going on, that of all the months I’ve written out goals, April 2015 needs the most structure to make sure it all gets done!
1. Move into our new house!!!!!!!! We just closed yesterday (remember this post?? More posts will be coming!), so we are sooo excited to get settled in over the month of April. Luckily we have our apartment until April 29, so we aren’t in too big of a rush. And with both sets of parents making the trip to Philly, we are very fortunate to have some extra helping hands.
2. Finish my baby registry! I’ve started it (& love the thebump.com consolidates both my registries in one place), but I’m still working through some last minute choices. I’ve been going back & forth with a lot of things, so hopefully I can knock it out in April.
3. Plan our Memorial Day Weekend & July 4th weekend trips. We may go to Vermont for Memorial Day, or just down the Jersey Shore, but we need to make a decision! I also want to do a quick trip to Washington DC, NYC, & Boston before the baby comes, so I’m hoping we can map it all out in April.
1. Go to Pure Barre 10 times in April (bonus points if I go more!)
2. Get in my 10K steps more days than I don’t
3. Work out outside 5X (this could be walking, biking, or a TBD activity)
4. Bring my lunch 4X a week & cook dinner at home 5X a week. I just bought a book about batch cooking a friend recommended & I’m so excited to prep food for the month!
1. Sleep through the night…I have yet to master that in the past few weeks. The doctor says it’s just stress & hormones, but I’ll be darned if I don’t find a solution to this. On my list to try next: order this tea (I tried it at a spa & it’s AMAZING), trying out one of Laura Mercier’s Bath & Body products, & maybe even get an eye mask (how funny is this one??). I’m also open to any suggestions!
2. Finish 2 new books (I’m almost done with Paper Towns & think I want to read a good beach read next to get in the mood for summer).
3. Host people at our new home for dinner (or at least spend some good time with friends & family!).
WHEW! There’s a lot of great stuff going on, but man it can be overwhelming. I appreciate all the support, and be sure to follow along for the updates!