June is one of my favorite months. It’s Kyle & my anniversary, the official start of summer (which usually means a relaxing beach trip), and the start of summer hours at work (woohoo for half day Fridays!!!!). This June has a slightly different feel as I get more & more anxious for the little guy’s arrival, but I don’t want to wish this month away. Hopefully these goals will remind me to take sometime to relax, unwind, and cherish the calm before the storm!
1. We will be having friends & family over for a baby shower mid-June. I’m excited to host at our house for the first time, and spend the afternoon with great people!! We are so lucky to have the love & support of so many people in our lives. Our first shower was amazing & it’s fun to celebrate with my friends out here and family.
2. Finish the nursery – we started…but I really want to be DONE by the time July 1 rolls around! Remember the look & feel we’re going for???
For Mom to Be
1. Read at least 2 books from my Summer Beach Reads list – it’s so therapeutic for me!
2. Walk 70K steps a week – there are days I just don’t hit 10K (and come closer to 3K), but I want to try to average 70K steps a week or at least get close to it!
3. Spend time with friends – whether on the phone with my long distance friends, or on my couch watching TV – I want to make sure I get a lot of “friend time” in before my schedule goes completely nuts!!
4. Bake a lot – my friend & I will be freezing some meals when she comes for the shower, but I also want to try out new dessert recipes & dinner ideas. I don’t have a specific number in mind, but be on the lookout for some new creations I plan to whip up!
For the Family
1. Kyle & I will be going to Chicago for our friends’ wedding & treating it like a babymoon! We took Friday off and plan to just relax, brunch (because it’s a verb), shop, & explore the city we love so much. We have a LONG list of places we want to go see, but that’s for another post!
2. Go to a movie – I read that in your last trimester you should go to the movies a ton since that will be few & far between when the baby comes…we already saw Pitch Perfect 2 and I’m thinking next will probably be Jurassic World.
3. Eat outside A LOT – whether it’s at a park, a restaurant, or on our deck…I want to spend June OUTSIDE!
Am I missing anything? Anything you’d recommend with about 8 weeks to go??