One of my favorite months of the year is finally here! Unfortunately it looks like the first week or so may be spent indoors with Hurricane Joaquin bringing a TON of rain our way. Normally it wouldn’t bother me, but with an 8 week old to entertain every day…this rain is definitely putting a damper on things! But, regardless, we will be making the most of this month with visitors coming at the beginning and end of the month, and Aidan’s first Halloween!!!
Health & Fitness
- I just started going to a new spin studio in our town, The Wall Cycling, and bought a 10 class pass to test it out! I’ve tried the Spin & Sculpt class (20 minutes of spin, 20 minutes of sculpt) and am looking forward to trying a full spin class. Getting back to the grind of working out has been a challenge. Physically, my core is fairly non existent, and mentally I’m too exhausted. My goal for October is to use up my 10 classes and hopefully start regaining my cardio back!
- Begin weekly meal planning – I used to be really good at this before Aidan, but now time seems to slip away and come Wednesday or Thursday, Kyle and I are left to eat out because we haven’t planned ahead. My goal is to dedicate Sunday evenings to grocery shopping & meal prep for the weeks so we can eat healthy, good meals all week long!
- Update my fitness wardrobe – it’s time for some new shoes (maybe even some spin shoes) and a few more tops & sports bras.
- Kyle & I to go on 1 date night a week – without Aidan!
- Plan Thanksgiving festivities – we are excited to host this year, and I want to make sure we get a jump start on planning! From dinner to activities to decor…it’ll be a fun project to work on in all my “spare” time!
- Start Christmas shopping – I downloaded Whitney English’s free Christmas present organizer. As we’ve gotten older, my family has done less presents for the adults and transitioned to the little kids! It’s so fun buying for my nieces & nephews, and of course friends and some other family. I want to make sure I compile all the ideas, start budgeting, and
Fun & Friends
- We are excited to give back this month & participate in the Make A Wish Foundation’s “Walk for Wishes” at the Philadelphia Zoo.
- Decorate the house for fall – including updating our bar cart, painting pumpkins, redoing our tablescape, & updating decor on the walls!! Ambitious? Yes. But that’s why it’s a goal.