2015 has been an incredible year of growth for me as I continue to be pushed to give up more & more to God and trust in His plans for me & my family. As I reflect on 2015, I can’t believe all that has happened in 12 months:
- Grew from a family of 2 to a family of 3 on August 3, 2015 with the birth of our son, Aidan Patrick
- We built our first home, entering a new world of debt & responsibility.
- Spent 4 months at home on maternity leave, learning how to be the best mom I can.
- Started a new job with a new company with new opportunities that has been both challenging & rewarding.
- Traveled to several states/cities – Alaska, Seattle, Boston, Providence, NYC, DC, Ft. Myers, San Antonio, Indianapolis, Chicago, & more…
- Hosted my first Thanksgiving for 17 people, bringing together 4 generations in Philadelphia
- Started on a new health journey – and while it’s always a work in progress, I am excited to continue to prioritize my health in 2016 through food decisions, exercise, sleep, & overall mindful wellness
As I look to 2016, I don’t plan to make any “resolutions”. As my sister-in-law wrote on her blog about “intentional living“, I think this time of year is a good time to reflect on where you were, where you want to be, and what you need to do to get there. So it’s not really resolving to act differently, but intentionally thinking through your values & life mission and what actions & decisions should be made to achieve those goals.
In 2016, I am looking forward to:
- Providing Aidan with the best experiences I can – through daily interactions, travel, enriching activities, & remembering to put down the phone and just PLAY!
- Continue my health journey – this includes running a marathon for St. Jude next December & exercising regularly, using food as fuel, and making time to focus on myself!
- Giving back to our community – through tithing, volunteering, & even shopping locally, I want to continue to prioritize the community we live in (although it may change…more to come…) and remember that nothing is ours, but all belongs to Him. “It is more blessed to GIVE than to RECEIVE.” Acts 20:35
- Growing my blog – I’m still trying to find my voice on the Internet, and while I don’t ever see my self cornering into one specific niche, I am excited to share more cohesive content that speaks to my passions & interests – namely fashion, decor, hosting, family & faith.
And as a nod to the Irish side of my family, I’ll leave you with an Irish toast:
“In the New Year, may your right hand always be stretched out in friendship, and never in want.” – Irish toast