I’ve noticed lately that Kyle & I don’t celebrate enough anymore. I’m not talking about throwing extravagant parties to celebrate the key milestones like birthdays, anniversaries, Mother’s Day…I’m talking about the small things. The every day things. The things that make us, “us”. So I wanted to take some time to put a list together of things worth celebrating. And let me tell you, nothing is off limits! You can change a dreary Monday to such an exciting day if you find ways to stop & celebrate all of life’s little victories.
Time to Celebrate…
- Getting the laundry done so we finally have clean towels
- A week of working out…4 out of 7 counts as a full week my friends!
- Catching up with old friends
- Finishing that book you never seem to have enough time for
- Sleeping through the night
- First day at a new job
- Finally knowing the words to that song that is on repeat on the radio
- Scheduling those annual doctor/dentist checkups – because who has time to do that?
- Making your lunch for the week
How to Celebrate?
- Make a bucket list of things to do in your area, and check one off!
- Prepare a nice dinner at home…that requires everyone sitting at the table for more than 15 minutes
- Bake a cake (or brownies, or even easier – open a bag of Ghirardelli)
- Open a nice bottle of wine (even if that means you splurge for the $20 bottle instead of the $8.99)
- Take some “me time” – nice bath, read a book, go for a walk…
What will you celebrate this week?