Writing with Sparklers

Impressive, right? So just before the 4th of July, I came across a cool blog post on A Beautiful Mess about how to write with sparklers & capture it on your camera. I’m still a novice with our Canon Rebel t3i, but always up to try new things. And the tutorial they walk through is

Read More

Thoughts on Father’s Day for our Son

Tomorrow is Father’s Day, and this year it comes with more emotion & excitement than year’s past. I’ve always loved celebrating Mother’s Day & Father’s Day, whether crafting as a little kid or taking the time now to remind my parents how much I really appreciate everything they’ve done for me. But this year, it’s

Read More

First Fridays in Phoenixville

We are LOVING our new town! Our house is walking distance to a cute downtown area (it should only take 15 minutes, but it’s taking me more like 20-25 depending on how mobile I’m feeling…). A couple weeks ago, we decided to go out for dinner after work to enjoy the weather and eat outside.

Read More

Little Red Wagon

While we were in Indiana, Kyle & I stopped at Riley Children’s Hospital with my parents for a private tour. Growing up in Indiana, it seems like most fundraisers go to support Riley. In college, Kyle’s fraternity (Delta Tau Delta) supported Riley through Trike, and we would make an annual trip to the hospital for

Read More

Farmer’s Market – Ambler, PA

This past weekend, we needed to get our car’s state inspection & emissions test done. Let me first say, that’s an obnoxious process. We had to get our license plates (which takes forever), and within 10 calendar days you have to do your state inspection. Let’s just remember that Labor Day (remember this & this?)

Read More

Meet Maria & Rusul

Today was a good day. After some flash flooding put a minor damper on my drive home yesterday, I knew today could only be better. And it was. I got an email from Kiva (a microfinance provider),  saying that one of my loans was repaid in full! I had $26.35 in my account, and it

Read More

Green City Farmer’s Market

Chicago has one of the best farmer’s markets in the US – The Green City Market that runs from May 3 – Oct 25 and is open Wednesday & Saturday from 7AM – 1PM. Kyle & I love to go and walk around, eat the samples, puppy & people watch, and buy some fresh, local

Read More

Thankful

Kyle & I are spending this Thanksgiving in Georgia. After a full week of travelling from Chicago to Indiana to Charleston, SC to Savannah, GA, we are about to get on the road to travel to my grandma’s in Statesboro, GA. I think the quote above sums up my life, and I do my best

Read More